Looking for a fun way to enjoy the last days of summer? How about a picnic with delicious, locally sourced Market meats, cheeses, bread, seafood and more!
Below are some suggestions for the perfect picnic:
- Smoked Salmon from Sea Blossom Seafood
- Roasted Chicken from Chehalis Valley Farm (Try this picnic chicken recipe.)
- Mediterranean Flavors' hummus and pita chips
- Seasonal Mango Spice hot sauce is available in 4 oz. bottles from Hot Sauce Fresh - perfect to take on the go!
- Mini loaves from Baker/Potter are available in Einkorn, Spelt, and the Country Loaf. Great for one, or buy them all and share with friends!
- Olykraut Sour Pickles are back for the season! Crunchy, garlicky, and loaded with dill, these pickles are also packed with probiotics.
- Don’t forget the cheese. Cheese curds from Tunawerth Creamery are great for snacking on the go. Or try an aged cheese from Domina Dairy & Creamery. Their signature styles, the Saint Isidore, Newaukum Hill, and the Traditional Cheddar are available in wedges.
- Organic blueberries, mulberries, and plums are available in pints from Burnt Ridge Nursery and Orchards. And organic figs will be available soon!
- Visit the farm vendors for a variety of veggies excellent for snacking: radishes, cherry tomatoes, carrots and more.
- For drinks to accompany your picnic meal, sample a new fruit wine from Wynoochee River Winery, available in 5 oz. bottles or mix-and-match your own six-pack from Rainbow Cloud Kombucha. Rainbow Cloud Kombucha is newly available in 12 oz. cans.